1) Stephen studied Philosophy and Psychology at Miami University and then Comparative Religions (Buddhism focus) in graduate school.
2) Stephen dropped out of law school… twice; once from UCLA after two weeks, and once from Capital University after two hours.
3) Stephen was once a hippie with long hair down to his waist; and a “radical” vegan for 12 years.
4) Stephen lived in a Buddhist monastery for two months… in silence.
5) Stephen once competed in a bodybuilding show – yep, skimpy swimsuit, spray tan and all that jazz.
6) Between the ages of 40-45, Stephen ran long distance trail races. His last race was the North Face 50 Mile Championship in the mountains of northern California.
7) Stephen spent a year studying in Europe, and is completely illiterate in several languages including Spanish, German, Russian, Luxembourgish, and English.
8) Stephen taught English as a Second Language (ESL) to hundreds of people throughout South East Asia – god help them.
9) Stephen has created alternative sports psychology products for 6 different markets and sold them to customers in 67 countries.
10) Stephen is HUGE in Japan. But then again, anyone over 6 feet tall is huge in Japan.