Top Ten Things You (Probably) Don’t Know About Jade
1. My favorite role in the entire world is being a big sister. I am the oldest of 4; I have two brothers, 20 and 5, and a sister who’s 12 years old. There’s a lot of variety in our family to say the least.
2. My brother, who’s closest in age to me, is a major reason why I pursued a career in health and fitness. He’s always pushed me to do better and work harder. His name is Ocean (yes, I know what you’re thinking, it’s the coolest name ever).
3. A few years ago, my dad made a life-changing decision to transform his habits, clean up his diet, and become more spiritually centered. He’s been vegan ever since, which piqued my nutrition interest.
4. I am also pursuing a career in nutrition, which is where my passion lies. I enjoy exercise and believe the two go hand in hand; however, as a child I struggled to create a healthy relationship with food. As I learned to heal my pattern of disordered eating, I fell in love with nutrition and the power within it.
5. I’m a big mental health advocate. It’s a health issue very close to my heart and my family.
6. Listening to music and watching bands play was a part of my childhood. At the age of 19, my dad received a record deal. He was a founding member and the lead drummer of the metalcore band “Zao”. Since leaving “Zao”, he’s pursued several other music endeavors and continues to play today.
7. My favorite vacation is the beach. I hope to one day live near the water.
8. I grew up traveling between West Virginia and Ohio since the age of 6. I know the drive like the back of my hand.
9. I love a good self-improvement book or podcast.
10. My favorite color is green like my name.